Hello all. Who is still “hanging on in there”? I would love to know who is still on the programme.
For the last couple of days I will be summarising main take home points from the programme:
There are many detox and cleanse programmes on offer, but sometimes it is a jungle in knowing what is best to do.
Our bodies do naturally detoxify 24/7, but to a capacity that´s possible given the internal and external environment of the body. Detoxification is how our body gets rid of waste that can otherwise cause inflammation and a whole slew of diseases.
While the human body has an innate capacity to detoxify, it often cannot cope with the elevated levels of toxins we are exposed to today.
If the optimal environment isn’t created for these natural processes to happen, toxic buildup will be the result.
The level of the exposure to toxins and the body’s ability to process and excrete them are key in determining longterm health. A great number of health problems are the result of toxic overload.
Toxins can slowly damage cells, tissues, organs and systems in the body, resulting in chronic health problems. They:
– interfere with normal hormonal function,
– increase free radical damage,
– impair DNA repair,
– weaken the immune system making it unable to protect the body (we need more support in the run up to Winter)
– block insulin receptors leading to insulin resistance and Type II diabetes,
– lead lead to brain fog, brain damage, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s,
– lead to depression and low energy,
– may lead to heart disease and cancer.
Remember the Liver and Lymph work TOGETHER.
- Up to 50 % of lymph fluid is produced in the liver.
- The liver has many chemical functions esp. detoxification
- The liver produces less bile or has reduced capacity due to a build up of toxic/sludge bile if overburdened with toxicity.
- The liver needs raw materials (amino acids, nutrients) for optimal detoxification.
- Bile – emulsifies the fats from our food, breaks them down into fatty acids to be taken up via the lymph, and picks them up to transport to the bloodstream to deliver to the cells.
- Bile acids support our gut bacteria with healthy diversity.
- Balanced microbial function helps remove toxins and avoids constipation.
- Gut inflammation/permeability – overloads the liver and weakens the immune system.
- Liver detoxifies immune complexes – immune cell reactions from the lymph.
- The liver and glymphatics work most effectively when we sleep!