For those who have not followed the programme before, please make time to watch the 4 short webinars I have recorded found on your membership page.
There are also many expert videos to try to watch during the programme.
It can take time to make changes to your diet and lifestyle, especially if it is a stressful and busy one, and some habits are simply harder to break than others. Do not let this put you off though. If you can achieve one positive change at a time, you are still taking steps in the right direction.
The main food groups we aim to eliminate are: CAFFEINE, GLUTEN, DAIRY, SUGAR/ALCOHOL, RED MEAT, EGGs (7 days unless vegan/athlete). I also suggest avoiding tomatoes, peppers, aubergine, potatoes if you suffer with joint issues as the chemical in NIGHTSHADE vegetables can make inflammation worse.
So for those who may need a little more time before hitting the programme “RUNNING” here are my TOP TIPS to help yourself get off to a great start next week.
- Reduce intake of black tea and coffeeby a cup a dayor make every other tea/coffee decaffeinated so that on DAY 1 of the programme you are not including these drinks. Try to find other alternatives such as Rooibos tea, chicory root, dandelion coffee and any other herbal teas, including green teas, but excluding black tea.
- Reduce sugary items and processed foods from your diet.
- Clean out the fridge and cupboards so that you are not tempted by treats that are hiding there.
- Stock up on some cupboard essentials you may like to use throughout the programme. There is a food list in your Ebook.
- If you want to help support detox pathways try to get some Epsom bath salts, a body brush and order supportive supplementation (optional).
- Start thinking of getting to bed a little earlier – Make your sleeping environment a haven that encourages sleep by removing electronic items such as iPhones, iPads, pc`s and laptops from the bedroom.
- Borrow a food processor (optional), blender/juicer from a friend if you don’t have one and are keen to make soups, smoothies and juices.
- Buddy up with other group members to support each other when you feel the going is a little rough!
- Complete the questionnaire found in your Ebook so you can see how things may change during the course of your programme. This is really useful for tracking your progress.
- If you have time this week(end), think about doing some batch cooking to help you through your first few days of the Cleanse.
All of us have various things to juggle. Planning is really important to give you the best start to your cleanse.
I try to prepare my favourite “Cleanse Friendly” meals in advance and freeze a couple of portions if I know I have a busy week ahead, or at least ensure I´ve the ingredients available and ready to cook! This really does help me through the first 4-5 days. If you are working all day or a busy mum running around after small kiddies, planning is absolutely KEY.
Another tip is to keep healthy snacks in your car/handbag if you know you are running around all day and may have trouble finding food to suit you. Crudites will keep in a little tub too.
For those who struggle with time and/or cooking, there will be meals provided by a local chef available to purchase. Details will be sent by email.
Some more posts to follow this week to prepare you for your CLEANSE – Any questions ask away!
Your diet is the bedrock of your immune health so getting it primed now will make a huge difference to your resilience. If you can make any changes to reducing your toxic burden, then you will be further supporting all bodily cells and improve immune resilience.